Roku unable to change channels on HDhomerun x2

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
jrbooth3

Roku unable to change channels on HDhomerun x2

Post by jrbooth3 »

Plex works fine to watch different channels using hdhomerun x2.
Using HD home run on either of our Roku ultras results in only being able to watch the lowest numbered channel.
pressing up or down does not change the channels. Nothing has changed in the system.
I have checked and all have updates applied and have been restarted.

Peguille4

Re: Roku unable to change channels on HDhomerun x2

Post by Peguille4 »

I have exactly the same issue. Was working earlier today. Wondering if Roku updated the channel/app, and there is a bug. HDHomeRun is working perfectly fine on computer, iPhone and iPad.

Kidas

Post by Kidas »

I'm in the same situation in the UK.
HD Homerun quattro, 2 Roku devices (Streambar and an old Roku 3).
HD Homerun App works fine on phones, laptops, desktops and with Plex recording.

Since Friday 5 April, it no longer works correctly on the Roku app.
I used to be able to select channels by loading the app and pressing the east button (go right) on the Roku handset. That would give the option of different channels on the right hand side of the screen and I could navigate up/down to the desired channel
That button now tells me that seek is unavailable for this channel and there does not appear to be any way to see the available channels or select a different channel from the default (lowest number).

This applies to both Roku devices

I have tried re-starting the Roku boxes; formatting SD card; uninstalling and re-installing app; updating app and all the obvious, but no joy.

Looks like an update was issued that has a bug.

Please fix this or roll back to the previous version of the App as soon as you can.

Kidas

Stephent28

Post by Stephent28 »

Same here. I saw the Roku do a HDHomerun app update and now I can’t change channels or get any response except lowest channel. The problem exists on both the Roku Ultra and the Roku TV.

JRVidiot

Post by JRVidiot »

Exact same problem here in the US. Roku app. HD HomeRun still works fine on Windows and IOS.

zippy

Post by zippy »

I like the fact the up/down and left/right d-pad buttons say you can't seek. The return button doesn't do anything. And the okay button exits the app.

kjohnson158@cox.net

Post by kjohnson158@cox.net »

Ditto

cwpeacock

Post by cwpeacock »

Same here.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Problem found and fixed. Release will be submitted to Roku tomorrow.

Jufawn

Post by Jufawn »

I thought that you all sent out an update. Sim still not able to change channels

JonP

Post by JonP »

the one thing I have yet to try is to remove the app from Roku and reinstall it

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

They supposedly sent it yesterday... typically things will take a day to a week before released after submitting. I believe the first report of an issue was about 2-3 days after it was announced the "bad" update was submitted.so I expect the same time frame for the fix after it was submitted.

Olaf

Post by Olaf »

HDHomerun app on Roku still not working, as described above. This is as of: Thu, 4/11/24, 2:38P - CT. HDHomerun app (on Roku) version is: 89.0 dated 20240402. So the previous poster indicated in may be another few days or so before it's posted to Roku and either auto-updated or we have to uninstall and re-install. I'm a new HDHomerun Flex 4K user. Not at all happy with their software, especially there software development processes if they exist. Probably do not have a Roku test bed. As much as I don't like Windows (prefer Linux) it is the standard. As is Roku. HDHomerun needs to recognize this and get with the program or ask their Private Equity owners for money development money. I have another 5 days on a AMZ return window. If not fixed by then, back it goes. Totally unacceptable.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Olaf wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:43 pm HDHomerun app on Roku still not working, as described above. This is as of: Thu, 4/11/24, 2:38P - CT. HDHomerun app (on Roku) version is: 89.0 dated 20240402. So the previous poster indicated in may be another few days or so before it's posted to Roku and either auto-updated or we have to uninstall and re-install. I'm a new HDHomerun Flex 4K user. Not at all happy with their software, especially there software development processes if they exist. Probably do not have a Roku test bed. As much as I don't like Windows (prefer Linux) it is the standard. As is Roku. HDHomerun needs to recognize this and get with the program or ask their Private Equity owners for money development money. I have another 5 days on a AMZ return window. If not fixed by then, back it goes. Totally unacceptable.
We are working hard to add features and improve our HDHomeRun app for Roku.

The issue you are seeing has been fixed and is now waiting on Roku to approve the update. The Roku portal says it should be approved and released by Monday April 15. Uninstalling and reinstalling will not help if you are seeing this issue - you need the 20240410 release.

JonP

Post by JonP »

would would think they would just roll it back one update as other companies do when the have major issues.