Channel Scan suddenly can't find most channels

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
furious00

Channel Scan suddenly can't find most channels

Post by furious00 »

The day I received my HDHomeRun Flex 4K (about 9 weeks ago) and I set it up, it found 48 channels and everything worked as expected.
About 2 weeks ago, I suddenly kept getting a "cannot display" message on all the channels. I decided to reboot the device and re-scan the channels from a Windows Chrome browser. But it only found 13 channels.
I have tried everything I can think of including using a different splitter, using no splitter, using different coax cables, using an attenuator, etc. No matter what I try, it only finds 13 channels even though my main TV that shares the same signal via the splitter is still showing all 48 channels crystal clear.
Was this caused by a firmware update, or did my Flex 4K suddenly go bad?

furious00

Re: Channel Scan suddenly can't find most channels

Post by furious00 »

I followed the instructions that are usually provided by posts like mine:
  • NOTE: That address will go do the first HDHomeRun device found on your network. If you have more than one HDHomeRun device, use the "device ID" printed on the bottom of the unit instead of "hdhomerun" in the address. For example, if your device ID was 104FFFFF then you would go to http://104fffff.local
  • If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
  • Click "System Menu"
  • Check the "Send diagnostic information" box (if this box is already checked, please un-check then re-check it)
  • Go back one page
  • Click "Channel Lineup"
  • Click on "Detect Channels"
I followed these steps and my local device ID is: 10a733ff

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl »

(This was addressed via support ticket)

furious00

Post by furious00 »

SiliconDust had me RMA my 4K unit and I received a different unit more than a week ago.
The initial scan of channels gave me 70 channels and it worked perfectly.

It's only been a little over a week and my favorite channels are again showing the error that it's not finding a streaming signal.
Performing a new channel scan now only gives me 14 channels.

Please help.

I enabled the "send diagnostic information" checkbox and have done a scan of available channels.
The device ID is: 10a6b75d