Automatic rescan?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
LarrySB

Automatic rescan?

Post by LarrySB »

Is the Flex software setup to automatically rescan or is something else going on? Periodically, I am seeing channels added to the guide that must have been scanned in sometime when atmospheric conditions were ripe because I cannot pick them up during the day. The farthest one was 120 miles away! If there is autorescan, can I turn it off?

Larry

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Automatic rescan?

Post by signcarver »

You cannot turn off the autoscan, that is the function of the device itself, not the software... best to disable such channels as they come in as the autoscan should only be additive and not remove such channels so in theory if you disable the channels so you won't see them in the apps unless the app you use specifically allows pulling of all channels. If you manually perform a rescan to make such go away you may loose such disabled setting when it drops off and gets picked up again. Note that only one of a given virtual channel number will be added... if the autoscan picks up the same virtual channel number but at a higher resolution it may replace your current entry but typically unless a higher resolution, since it isn't (usually) picked up in a normal scan the newly detected one wouldn't be the one added as it would have lower signal quality.

LarrySB

Re: Automatic rescan?

Post by LarrySB »

Thank you for the info.....I sure wish I knew where this esoteric stuff was documented so I could educate myself.
Larry